Your County Collector, Ted NicholsWelcome to the Christian County Collector homepage. We, at the Christian County Collector's office, strive to provide the best service to the taxpayers of Christian County. In saying such, we hope that this site assists you with the necessary information for us to provide the services. As your Christian County Collector, Ted Nichols, I would personally like to welcome you to this website.
The County Collector is a countywide elected office with a four-year term. Your Christian County Collector is Ted Nichols. Mr. Nichols was elected the County Collector in 1994 elections.
We hope you find the site easy to navigate, and that it provides a service for you. Thank you for visiting the site, and we welcome suggestions for improvement to make it easier for you to use. Please revisit our site and watch for new additions.
- The primary function of the County Collector is the collection of personal and real estate taxes for the various taxing entities of the county.
- Prepares separate tax statements for: Personal Property (cars, trucks, boats, etc.); Real Estate (residential, commercial, agricultural); Utilities(railroad, electric, gas lines, etc.).
- Provides Merchant & Liquor Licenses to appropriate businesses or persons.
- Conducts delinquent tax sale in August.
- Collector is charged with the duties of collecting the taxes due, as shown on the Assessor's records, and then distributes the funds monthly to the various taxing entities.
- Personal and Real Estate tax statements are mailed in November of each year. Christian County tax statements should be received by Thanksgiving. If you have not received your statements by Thanksgiving, contact our office.
- Please inspect your statements to verify that mailing address, vehicles, and legal descriptions are correct.
- All tax statements are due upon receipt and become delinquent after December 31st.
- To avoid penalty and interest, be sure your payment is postmarked no later than December 31st. Payments postmarked after December 31st will be returned unprocessed unless penalty and interest are included.
- Failure to receive a statement does not relieve the taxpayer's obligation to pay taxes and any penalty and interest that may apply.
- Payments can be made in person, by mail, or online at this website. Payment may be made with cash, personal check, e-check, money order, or credit card. All statements may be paid with one check. We cannot accept incorrect or partial payments.
- The Collector has provided a payment drop box located on the west side of the Christian County Courthouse. Drop box payments will be accepted through midnight December 31st with no penalty.
Innovations Ted has brought to the office are:
- Online Bill Pay
- Onine Payment History
- Online Receipts/Statements
- Added physical address to the real estate statements and receipts.
- Itemized tax amounts for each vehicle on personal property.
- Added VIN #'s to personal property tax statements.
- Files are now being downloaded to the Department of Revenue daily in effort to make licensing easier for the taxpayer.
- NEW THIS TAX SEASON: Taxes may be paid by telephone.
Phone Number: (417) 582-4330
Monday thru Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Our office is open during the noon hour.
The Christian County Collector's office observes state holidays.
Location & Mailing Address
Christian County Collector
100 W. Church, Rm. 101
Ozark, MO 65721